I teach at a Classical Christian School. I am so blessed to be a part of what God is doing in the next generation.
Let me begin with this......... Before God moved me to this school, He had to prepare me which was NOT EASY!
I grew up in church and had wonderful Christian parents but I went to a school that did not teach the Bible. Everything I was taught was separated from God's sovereignty. (You learned about God at church but at school and during the week you didn't) I didn't realize it but I had many world views that God had to change before He allowed me to teach where I am now. God allowed me to be "sifted." It was not fun! During that time God did such a work in my life and made me realize that God is the center of EVERYTHING!!! There is not one subject that can be taught without acknowledging God and realizing He is the source of everything. From science, grammar, reading, math, history, to discipline and conduct........God is the source and answer!
I am seeing such a move of God in preserving the next generation through the classical schools, homeschooling, families that are on fire for God. I am seeing a change in the way children view the world (a Christian World View)
For example: We were in Target and I ran into a friend I used to play tennis with and her first words were Oh my ___. She said it 3 times. The girls eyes were HUGE. They had never heard anyone take His name like that in vain. We talked about not judging others and to make sure we always use his name reverently but I was also glad that the girls were so sensitive to it. The girls are getting spiritual seeds planted in their hearts at such an early age.......I am so thankful.
Some may say that I am sheltering my children but children are like tender new plants. A new plant has to be nurtured and cared for tenderly so that is can establish roots. (There are storms and battles that my children are not ready for right now)
Thank you Lord for what you are doing and going to do in the generation to come. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it!
1 comment:
AMEN! Well said! I agree that God is doing such an amazing work in these children and what a blessing to be a part of it! God is raising them to know so much more about Him than we did. They will be able to go out into this world and make a difference and be a light for Him. It's encouraging to hear that they have already learned to recognize when things are not the way God would want them and they're not afraid to act, as many of us are. Praise God for His sovereignity over our lives!
Post a Comment