Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mornings


I have really been praying about our mornings here lately. I feel that is when I sin the most! Trying to get everyone ready for school can be challenging. I feel like a drill Sargent. I normally loose my patience and get frustrated before 7:00 in the morning. This morning was no different. Ansley decided she wanted a boiled egg so I was trying to help her get it started. In the meantime, Elizabeth went missing in action. I walked back to my bathroom and she looked at me with this guilty look on her face. I busted out laughing because she had mascara all over her face. I guess she wanted to be like mommy and put on make-up. It was so refreshing to have a belly laugh in the midst of chaos! Thank you Lord for being slow to anger and patient with me as I learn to yield to your Spirit while getting everyone ready for school!

3 comments:

Marta Ager said...

Thank you for your blog.

wendy's world said...

I don't know how you do it! Kudos to you! (Did she cry when you took the make-up off?)

Wait on Him said...

That's funny. I think God gives us those funny moments to keep our sanity!!! I just can't believe how grown up all three of your girls look! It seems like just yesterday we were having Hamilton and Elizabeth. Soon you will have another little one! I can't wait!